Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SEX!

Ha, fooled you. this post isn't about sex at all. I just really wanted you to read it, because it's got all kinds of important stuff like how I'm moving back up to Minnesota very very soon(!!!). And hey, studies show... as far as eye-catchers go, SEX! is pretty much the title you go with.

So to begin... don't really know how much of this I've let on via blog, but moving out to Roswell pretty much turned out to be a huge disappointment. When I write, I like to throw up stupid stories and stuff that enters my head, and the negative stuff (rightly) doesn't make it to the surface. Hey, I didn't start a blog just so I could bitch about things all the time.

So, seeing as how a great majority of my very best friends are still in Minnesota, as well as my parents, why not move back?? I'll be living right around Dinkytown, with the lovely Alan Stout, David Moon and Nicole Peterson! YYEAH!

I'm leaving Roswell on September 12th, then, well, doing a whole lot of traveling out west before I get back. Colorado, Utah, and Oregon. Why? Mostly awesome peeps I happen to know in those three locations, and pretty much, i see those as places out west where I could actually thrive
and flourish (unlike rural New Mexico). So... a scouting trip, between obligations in New Mexico & moving back to my glorious home state.

I didn't actually "quit" my internship, i just cut it about 2 months short (from 5 months to 3). Lizard-catching season is pretty much winding down anyway, and it seemed like without lizards, the bosses here would just scramble something together for me to do. For another two months. Nah, I decided, my future's not here, and I'd rather go home.

So what don't I like about Roswell? Well, first allow me a graphic that illustrates everything Roswell isn't:




Roswell
, a teen sci-fi-ish series (think Smallville) that lasted from 2000 to 2003 on the WB, does an outright horrible job accurately portraying life here. The clean, attractive young people shown above don't seem to be gang members at all. I bet half of them haven't even tried meth, let alone made and sold it. They're probably tolerant, upstanding people who don't own attack dogs, drive around drunk, and say incredibly racist things. And, of course, they're aliens. I haven't met one stinking alien here.

wow, this is turning into the post where ben vents. calm...

Okay. I'm coming home very soon (probably move into the Cities around October 1st), so if you're around and reading this you should stop by and hug me. And then we can hang out!

What's Ben going to do for a job once he's moved back?, you may be thinking. If you are, cool! I'm thinking that too.

No comments: